Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Le Cirque

So I had written up this whole thing last night after dinner...only to find that it didn't go through [sad face].

So here goes my second attempt to summarize dinner last night at Le Cirque.

First of all, you know a place has hot to be some kind of fancy if they call you that day to confirm your reservation. Then the first thing they ask you when you walk in is to check your coat,which I did after a most frustrating attempt at taking the cross town Queens bus to get to the restaurant in the first place.

All that being said, at least when I finally made it there, the food was awesome - and they came on the most adorable plates with little mischievous monkeys everywhere (get it? Cirque? Circus???). And good thing I was prepared as I'd been drooling over the menu all day before dinner.
Table Setting
Appetizer - Artisanal Pasta (looked like elongated infinity signs w/ a dollop of ricotta cheese)
Entree - Braised Beef (was so tender I didn't even need a knife! Though not QUITE as melt-in-your-mouth as the fish dish that I tried)
Dessert - Apple Cobbler a la mode (a tad on the sweet side, but still good...I also just want to give a shout out to the creme brûlée that I also tried as it was one of the lightest, and not to sweet creme brûlées that I have had AND they had a hidden recipe at the bottom of the bowl).

Good food, good drinks, good friends - 2012 is off to a strong start!
Artisanal Pasta Appetizer
Braised Beef Entree
"Apple" Dessert
"Hidden" Recipe...it's like they KNEW we would make it to the bottom of the bowl
Shout out to the bathroom decor - I always thought one could judge a lot about a restaurant based on their bathrooms!

1 comment:

  1. hmm... i actually went to le cirque for restaurant week and was not thrilled! fancy schmancy and good service but i wasnt amazed by the food. Not only that but if you are sitting in the main dining room, guys need a jacket in which if you do not have on, you can borrow one from coat check!

    ReplyDelete