Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Take This Baguette & Stuff It"

I'm baaack! And super excited about my latest culinary adventure!

On Friday I received a daily email from Tasting Table with the subject "Take This Baguette and Stuff It." Due to my love for breads and just carbs in general, I was intrigued. Upon opening the email, I see marinated mushroom, Gruyere cheese & thyme stuffing??? AND I have almost all the ingredients? Must. Make.This.Bread.

So I picked up some mushrooms on my way home (I used button mushrooms instead of cremini), and began the marinating process in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.

Next day after a run up the Hudson River Path with my running buddy, and brunch (because we earned it!), I came back to make the dough. I have never truly had great success with getting pizza dough to rise properly, so I was super excited to find the difference in dough size an hour later:
After rolling it out and dividing the dough in two, it was time to add the stuffing. Layered out the mushroom and grated Gruyere, then sprinkled it with dried thyme leaves (I opted for dry because it's always so difficult to buy just enough fresh herbs for what is needed without having a bunch left over that end up going to waste). Rolled it all up, and left it to rise again for another hour.
10 minutes in the oven covered in foil, and then another 15 uncovered...and voila! I MADE STUFFED BREAD! And it was golden and beautiful and yummy! I could barely contain myself when I pulled it out of the oven =)
This opens the door for so many more opportunities!!! Can't wait to try pizza dough using bread flour and trying to make different breads (totally geeking out about this right now)!

No comments:

Post a Comment