Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pig Knuckle & Ice Cream

My first meal in Berlin, after the sandwich that I was greeted with at the airport (my cousins know me so well), consisted of roast pork knuckle, sauerkraut, potatoes, and beer at George's Beer House...at least that's what I'm assuming "GeorgBraeu Brauhaus" means...
We started with a row of George's pilsner, which was a bit on the sweet side, but came in a rather impressive display.

 

I was told that leisurely dinners are the norm in Germany, and seem to be the trend in much of the rest of Europe as well. So a little while after we got the beers, our entrees came in the form of a rather intimidating chunk of meat, which as shown below, was eventually devoured. The nice part of it was, no one was rushing us at all during the meal. There was no sense at all of "I have to be somewhere soon, can we get our check?" or "someone needs your table." I really lost all track and sense of time while I was over there!

before...
during...
after...
And what's dinner without dessert? I maintain that our walk to the ice-cream shop allowed for THIS!
NOM! CHOMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment