Monday, January 2, 2012

Chocolate Covered...

...strawberries & clementines.

I was first moved by the desire to cook something last night when all I ended up doing was eating and watching tv on the couch all night...literally, I only got up to get more food or pee. Way to start the new year, right?

Today I was a bit more productive and actually dragged my butt to the gym, which was packed with new members and their freshly made New Year's resolutions to lose weight/be healthy. We'll see how long that lasts for.

When I came home, I noticed a box of strawberries sitting on the table, and [insert lightbulb moment here], I was inspired to cover them in chocolate! And cover them I did.
Then since I had some extra melted chocolate (I really didn't plan things very well...or at all rather), I grabbed a few clementines that happened to be lying around, and proceeded to dunk them in the remaining chocolate.
A few tips for melting chocolate...ok, really just one - adding a touch of milk helps to get the smooth texture necessary for successful fruit dipping. Otherwise, may turn out slightly grainy for some reason...maybe due to bad timing for heat settings? Regardless, the milk definitely helped!
Still grainy melted chocolate pre-milk
The drizzling of the white chocolate didn't work out quite as well, as I was starting to grow a bit impatient at this point, but I'm sure they'll taste the same anyway.

Happy 2012! It's going to be a most awesome year!
Helloooo yumminess!
The "overflow" of strawberries ended up on their own small plate
(again, due to poor planning, or lack thereof)
They look like mini clementine-zebras, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment