Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas Cookies

About a month ago I found the 12 days of cookie recipes for the holidays as a great idea for coworker gifts but never got around to my version of the cookies.

While I didn't actually end up making 12 different versions, I did end up with 4 types of cookies:

Candy Cane Blossoms Cookies (except I used Kisses w/ Almonds b/c I couldn't find the peppermint ones)
Oatmeal Cherry Pecan Cookies (except I used Craisins, Raisins & Walnut)
Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies (pretty much the only one where I followed the recipe)
Lemon Meringue Cookies (but without the lemon filling because I knew I'd have too much left over)
     
Start & Finish of the Sugar Blossom Cookies 
(I call them sugar because really, that's what they mostly are...even though the colored granulated sugar didn't cover the cookies as well as I'd hoped it would).

Start & Finish of the Oatmeal Cookies
I mean, how do you go wrong with any type of oatmeal cookie, right???

Let it be known, that while these are not difficult cookies to make, they are very much TIME CONSUMING!!!

A result of over an hour or two of chilling the dough in the fridge
  + = 
Peppermint Filling!
So many cookies...so so many... 
I started experimenting with Instagram for these cookies b/c whipped egg whites look so cool...

Look ma, no hands!
So pale...someone isn't getting enough sun...
Lookit how beautiful and plentiful they look!
Mini Lemon Meringues

No comments:

Post a Comment