Sunday, March 18, 2012

brgr

A few weeks ago, I had checked into Pita Grill on Foursquare, which was where I was grabbing dinner before class ($3 for a falafel pita sandwich? Can't really beat it when you're in the mood for something quick and cheap - not to mention pretty healthy too). While searching for the location, I saw that the nearby burger place, brgr  had a special for checking in. I have often passed it and wondered what the food was like. The special was that you can get a seasonal, off-the-menu, white truffle burger if you showed that you had checked in. Um, first of all, as per my last post, I love anything truffle (as in the mushroom, I am not as obsessed about chocolate truffles), and the chance to feel uber cool and exclusive? I've been craving it ever since - even though I've never even stepped foot in brgr before.

I mentioned it to my manager, and she promised to take me there and indulge my food cravings - she calls me a big baby because of all the foods I eat and want to eat. And I'm totally ok with that...especially when it gets me delicious foods :-)

So last Thursday after work, and before my class, she indulged my baby needs, and we went with a few other coworkers for a quick dinner. All I have to say is - SO WORTH IT!!! We also got 2 sides of trio fries to share - fried onions, sweet potato fries and regular fries. And since everything tastes better with hot sauce, I also finished (in my defense, there wasn't much left), their bottle of Chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce. However, I only added the hot sauce after having tasted it in its original form first. If you're into milkshakes (I personally am not really), apparently theirs are pretty good too.

Best part of it all - they deliver! And my workplace falls within their range of delivery too :-D
Next burger I want to try is their morning burger with the fried egg!
White Truffle Burger!!!!!
Trio Fries
Half Eaten burger w/ Chipotle Tabasco


1 comment:

  1. Hi Anita,

    I am not sure if you still remember me. We met last April after work for coffee. :) Today I saw your picture on the "people you may know" list on the Linkedin profile. I clicked your blog link and here I am. I just wanted to say hi and to tell you that I am so glad to see your happy life from here.

    I think about you sometimes since last time we met and sadly we met only once. A lot of things happened after our conversation and I realized you'd prefer not to be bothered. But I am sure we would be really good friends if we were in the same school.

    Wish you all the best. I like your pretty smile.You are a very sweet girl. I owe you a "thank you". ^_^

    Han S.

    ReplyDelete