Friday, April 6, 2012

Smashed Potato Pizza

As one of my favorite pizzas, it's only natural that this get more than one mention on my blog. 

I came home early enough on Monday to make the dough while my sister went running, then started prepping the potatoes that she brought back and cutting up all the salad components. This dough turned out a lot better than the one I made with the pizza. I used a different recipe that didn't call for kosher salt...and somehow, I think that made a difference. The recipe also called to split the dough in 3 parts, so now I've got two more pizza pies that I can make, just waiting in the freezer to be rolled out. Will definitely save a lot of time!

So by 8 pm, aka, when NBC's The Voice was on, I had the mashed potatoes done, and the dough was just about done rising. Then for the next hour, I was running back and forth between the kitchen and the living room between commercials to put everything together.
it's steaming up...yeast working its magic!
Potatoes w/ clothes --> NEKKED POTATOES!!!
Potatoes: CHOPPED!
Potatoes: MASHED!
With all my potato captions, I'm starting to feel like I'm a character on Super Smash Brothers...instead of Falcon - PUNCH! I'm Captain Potato! Whoa, wait, lightbulb moment! If I were ever to be a super hero, I am totally claiming CAPTAIN POTATO!
Cheese & Tomatoes
Summary of all things complete before 8 pm
And here begins the semi-hectic process where I had my sister scream for me every time the show started up again (she probably lost some of her voice after watching The Voice...[insert *hearty guffaw* here])
separated dough
Rolled out pizza dough
Mashed potatoes on pizza with red pepper flakes! (the best, I love love love red pepper flakes!)
Entering the oven...
Finally topped with the salad, cheese & bacon ranch dressing
Slice 1
Making it "artsy" for social media
With a pizza pie for only 2 people, we actually had some leftovers, which I brought in to my coworkers the next day to try to convert more people to the magical deliciousness that is mashed potato pizza. They were skeptical at first, but I won them over! And it begins...first step pizza, next...THE WORLD.

2 comments: