Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pizza Night

Instead of braving the crowds on Black Friday - I refuse because I just don't like people that much, we ventured out for some shopping on...the Saturday after Black Friday. There's nothing better than retail therapy and three pairs of new shoes! Even better, customized pizzas at the end of the day - and as convenient as the pre-made crusts are (which we already used up between Wednesday and Thursday), I must admit, I was pretty proud of my homemade pizza dough (recipe found on cooks.com).

It started with mixing the dough:
 One hour later after letting it rise and prepping the potatoes for some mashed potatoes for some of the toppings (as inspired by the Smashed Potato Pizza @ Fuel & Fuddle in Pittsburgh):
brushed in olive oil with garlic powder
Though we all eat pretty much anything and everything, we still have our individual tastes and preferences which resulted in three different pies:
Pop's pizza pre-bake
Tomato Sauce, Anchovies, Olives, Basil, Mozzarella Cheese
Sister's pizza pre-bake
Tomato Sauce, Mushrooms, Basil, Mozzarella & Asiago Cheese, Spinach, Olives, Mashed Potatoes
My pizza pre-bake (somehow ended up looking like Taiwan...or a kidney bean...abstract car...or maybe abstract Africa?)
Layer of Mashed Potatoes, Asiago Cheese, Diced Tomatoes, Basil, Mushrooms, Spinach Leaves 
I erm, may, or may not have forgotten to season all the pizzas until we got around to eating the last one - sprinkled last minute with salt and red pepper flakes (my fav!), but luckily for me, the anchovies in the first one and the mix of all the ingredients in the second gave some flavor to the first two pizzas. Besides, too much sodium is no good for you anyway! Hooray for being healthy-ish!

I kind of wish it were pizza night every night...except that there are too many other foods I would miss. 

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment