Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sushi on the Train

Exactly one week ago, I got out later than I expected from class and I was starving (what else is new). I was debating what I should eat when I finally got out of class at 9:15 pm, and on my way to the train station passed by this small sushi take-out place that I've been to before and I had my eureka moment - SUSHI!

I got a combo of three rolls with a salad for $10.95 and the sushi is actually pretty good. I couldn't be more excited to eat it - I actually waited until after my transfer so that I could have an uninterrupted 40 minutes to eat instead of having to pack up halfway through. Believe you me, it was a tough wait, I was so antsy for those 20 minutes...I kept peeking into the bag, as if that would give me a taste of what deliciousness awaited me.

Finally, got on my second train, and unpacked my dinner train style...on my lap. Classy, I know...it's kind of how I roll (get it? roll? like...sushi roll?) And of course, since I was wearing a white tank top, and I have what my sophomore year roommates from college dubbed as the "Nita-Pull," I instantly dropped some of the orange salad dressing on myself. This was pre-Tide To Go, which happened the next morning after class and after spilling coffee all over my white long-sleeve shirt because I obviously had not learned my lesson to not wear white. But moving on - the sushi was delicious and the night ended well on a full stomach.

2 comments:

  1. i legit lol'ed at your 'that's how i roll' joke. i just hap-pun to appreciate that kind of humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I just realized, I never actually replied, but I do appreciate your sense of humor as well! I chuckle a little every time I see your pun comment =P

      Delete